Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Run #9: Running Alone in the Lone Star state

So, if you are on my FB or know me, you know I'm in TX for the week for work (and that I'm bitching mightily about it). It is blazing hot here in Dallas. When I left for a run this morning before 6:30 am, it was already 85 degrees.


This is my Garmin data. I just learned the "embed" feature on Garmin connect, so I'm pretty darn proud of myself. The first mile wasn't too bad. I went out a little fast, but I blame that on listening to this song on my iPod. Mile two got a little rough since the sidewalks were covered in crazy slick mud and I had to avoid them. Yesterday while walking back from the conference I decided walking through "dirt" was no big deal but it turned out to be algae/mud/pond scum and I ate it on the sidewalk. I have a pretty awesome bruise on the top of my foot from it. Mile three was hot. It felt over 90 and I was very ready to be done.
Mile 1: 11:11
Mile 2: 11:39
Mile 3: 11:08

Not too bad, but I'm ready to knock out tomorrow morning's 4 and then get back to Atlanta. /Endofcomplaining

Cheers,

Melissa

No comments: